Senior Pastor Position
Edson Baptist Church is currently searching for a Pastor. We have been privileged to have had strong Bible teaching in our past with the past two pastors staying 16 years and 14 years respectively. The foremost characteristic of our new pastor would be a man who loves God, is a servant of Jesus Christ and preaches the Word in a humble and Spirit led manner.
In our search for a pastor, we are looking for a man possessing the following characteristics:
- Loves and fears God
- Servant of the Lord Jesus Christ
- Is a preacher/teacher
- Word Centered
- Intimate knowledge of Scripture
- Is aware of current trends and theologies that may threaten or undermine the flock
- Able to facilitate individual growth with impartiality
- Value evangelism
- Able to oversee and lead the congregation to fulfill the vision of Edson Baptist Church
- Able to work toward spiritual growth of Edson and the Edson Baptist Church
- Experience with the willing to work with multiple staff as the church grows
- Good communicator
One Pastor cannot do it all nor should he be expected to, however he must be able to oversee and lead the congregation in the desired direction to fulfill the mandate and the vision that God has for Edson Baptist at this time. If you feel that your ministry experience and commitment would fit for Edson Baptist Church we would very much like to hear from you.
Please contact the search committee at 780-723-3982 or send an email to the Edson Baptist Church through our website “Attention” Search Committee.