Joining a Small Group is a great way to connect to others in the church and to be strengthened and encouraged in your Christian life. At Edson Baptist Church we have a number of small groups that meet weekly at different homes and study various different topics, books, or book of the Bible.
Why should YOU and I be part of Home Small Groups at Edson Baptist Church?
- Small groups enhance our learning of the Word of God and openly sharing. It allows the opportunity to discuss and ask questions, or, raise concerns, and address issues.
- Small groups is a platform for coming together for communal prayer time. It encourages praying for one another.
- Small groups help develop new connections and close friendships. Fellowship between people is strengthened and stronger community built.
- Small groups provide a comfortable environment for non-believers to come and be introduced to the faith.
- Small groups gives us the opportunity to listen to each other’s needs, and to show care to one another and edify each other.
- Small groups enable us to be accountable to one another. Accountability helps us in our struggles to overcome temptation and sin.
- Small groups help reveal or build new leaders for the church. It motivates our people to use their gifts in serving others.
Small Groups help us GROW in the Lord! Over fifty times in the New Testament the phrase “one another” is used to describe our relationship to other believers. We are instructed to love one another, encourage one another, pray for one another, bear one another’s burdens, and build-up one another
God never meant for you to go it alone in the Christian life. Join a small group today! You’ll never regret you did. Call the church office for more details or to get involved.